March 22, 2011

Birthday of William Shatner

William Shatner turns 80 today, and he was full of energy and wacky humor when I talked to him a few weeks ago.

I will have that interview in Friday’s Calendar section. It’s a preview of Shatner’s participation Saturday at MegaCon, the convention for sci-fi fans, at the Orange County Convention Center.

Shatner talked about “Star Trek,” “Boston Legal,” the character Denny Crane, “Bleep My Dad Says,” the Priceline commercials, his longevity in the business and what he has learned. Yes, “Star Trek” fans, it was heaven.

The interview was a first for me. I’ve never had anyone tell me he will communicate with me after he has died.

Here’s hoping you’re with us many, many years to come, Mr. Shatner.

No comments:

Google Search

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes