April 14, 2011

Elisha Cuthbert

Elisha Cuthbert says he’s more like her Happy Endings character Alex than any other character she has played.

In the show, Alex leaves her fiance at the altar on their wedding day.

“Maybe it’s because I was always afraid to be myself. I always thought the hard part about acting was creating another character, being someone you’re not,” Cuthbert says.

“Alex is the heart of me. I’m a regular Canadian girl. I enjoy staying home. In the summer I’ve got a garden. I’m very much a homebody, a normal, family-oriented girl. But I do have this other incredible side of my life that involves acting and traveling.

“We’ve been getting a lot of comparisons to Friends.

“Of course we have some correlations. There’s a part of Friends in every half-hour comedy.

“Our show is about love. Love between a group of friends, love that doesn’t necessarily always work out, the search for love.”

Elisha recently admitted she had “some anxiety” before starting work on Happy Endings.

“I had some anxiety because most of my work on television had been with ‘24,’ and I was used to that element,” Cuthbert says. “Once I got on the set, I felt like this was a good place for me. I felt comfortable.”

She describes her role as an “honest take on a girl in her late 20s early 30s going through life at that time.”

No comments:

Google Search

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes