April 7, 2011

Tina Fey Pregnant

The "30 Rock" creator and star revealed on a just-taped episode of "Oprah" to air April 12 that she's expecting baby No. 2 with her husband, Jeff Richmond. The news follows the Tuesday release of her book, "Bossypants," in which she agonizes over whether to have a second child. (She and Richmond have a 5-year-old daughter, Alice.)

In the book, Fey acknowledges she doesn't have a lot of time to have another child.

"I debate the second-baby issue when I can't sleep," she writes. "'Should I? No. I want to. I can't. I must. Of course not. I should try immediately.' I get up to go to the bathroom and study myself in the mirror. Do I look like someone who should be pregnant? I look good for 40, but I have the quaggy jawline and hollow cheeks of a mom, not a pregnant lady. It's now or never. This decision can't be delayed."

While Fey could devote herself to making movies and TV shows, she wonders how fulfilling that would be.

"And what's so great about work anyway?" she writes. "Work won't visit you when you're old. Work won't drive you to get a mammogram and take you out after for soup. … Hollywood be damned. I'll just be unemployable and labeled crazy in five years anyway."

Fey admits that when her daughter says, "I wish I had a baby sister," she's "stricken with guilt and panic." The pressure built up to a point that she broke down in her gynecologist's office.

"I went for my annual checkup and, tired of carrying this anxiety around, burst into tears the moment she said hello," Fey writes in "Bossypants." "I laid it all out for her, and the main thing I took away from our conversation was the kind of simple observation that only an impartial third party can provide: 'Either way, everything will be fine.'"

No comments:

Google Search

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes